I am here again writing about how is going my EVS experience in another country…This time I would like to announce that in two weeks we will start our new Spanish workshop!
First of all, I will talk a little bit about interesting facts about the Spanish language that maybe you did not know:
- Spanish is the official language in twenty-one countries, is the third most widely-spoken language in the world, after English and Mandarin.
- There are over 400 million Spanish speakers world-wide.
- Experts predict that by the year 2050, there will be 530 million Spanish speakers.
- The country with the largest population of Spanish speakers is Mexico with 114 million.
- Spanish is one of the world’s most phonetic languages. If you know how a word is spelled, you almost know how it is pronounced.
- Spanish’s use of use of inverted question marks and exclamation points (¿? ¡!) is unique among major languages.
- The Royal Spanish Academy is officially responsible for being the custodian of the Spanish language.
- There are many regional nuances of Spanish. There are more than a few discrepancies between the Spanish of Spain and the Spanish of Latin America.
- Arabic influenced Spain. We have so many words that come from Arabic such as alfombra (carpet), almendra (almond) and almohada (pillow).
As the demand of learning Spanish is increasing, my colleague from Spain and I decided to offer free Spanish lessons for everyone.
We would start teaching basics but it will always depend on the level of the assistants.
My colleague and I are willing to share all our knowledge about Spanish and, in my opinion, I think this is a great opportunity to get to know other cultures!
These classes will start on Wednesday 18.04 from 18:00 to 19:30 and they will be every two weeks.
Do not doubt about it and join us! You are really welcome to come and learn a lot of things in Spanish! If you are interested, send an e-mail to: [email protected]
¡Nos vemos! See you! Vidimo se!